Daily Archives: June 15, 2010
This recipe comes from Martha Stewart.?? I was at her website yesterday just kinding of checking it out and came upon these delicious, easy bars.? I ran to the store quick and picked up some pecan halves, came home and whipped them up.?
They are not overly sweet…like a rice krispie treat for grownups.? Absolutely delicious, and I wouldn’t mind adding a drizzle of white chocolate over the top to make them truly decadent.
I will post the recipe below, but you can get it here as well.? Go check out Martha’s site, you’ll love it.? I signed up to be a community member, there is so much good stuff to be found there.? If you sign up as well, let me know in the comment section, we can exchange “My Place” links.
Coconut-Pecan Cereal Bars
- 1 package (7 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 package (10 ounces) marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 350. Spread coconut on one side of a large rimmed baking sheet, and pecans on other side, keeping them separate. Toast until fragrant, 15 to 20 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile, coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray; line with a strip of waxed paper (leaving an overhang on two sides). Spray paper.
- In a large nonstick pot over medium-low, heat marshmallows and butter until melted, 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cornflakes, coconut, and pecans. Transfer to prepared pan; press in firmly with a metal spatula (coated with spray to prevent sticking). Cool until firm, about 2 hours. Remove from pan; peel off paper. Using a serrated knife, cut into squares.